Young Lawyer of the Year 2018
Carrie faced stiff competition from a pool of ten impressive and worthy nominees and was announced as the winner at the Annual Dinner on Friday 5 October.
Carrie has worked in private practice in Plymouth since 2008 and qualified as a Legal Executive in 2011. She is now an Associate with the Family law Company
She has been the safeguarding Governor for a local secondary school since January 2018, an Ambassador for Plymouth Parent Advocacy Project (PPAP) since 2016, and a Member of the management committee for Plymouth Food Bank since 2017.
She has also been working with Inspiring the Future since January 2018.
Carrie works tirelessly to help others in the city and her charity work includes;
- A commitment to raising over £10,000 by 2020 for PPAP
- Monthly food collections and Work Wear Project contributions for Plymouth Foodbank
- Individual and team Sponsored sporting events (marathons and ultra-marathons) raising a total of £6,900 for PPAP
- Corporate Social Fund Raisers in partnership with other local professionals, including the Fall Ball raising money for PPAP and a Charity Quiz raising money for PPAP and the Felber Foundation
- Charity Collections for Dementia Alliance
Other nominees were:
- Kathryn Akintunde - Gard & Co
- Laura Geach - Wolferstans
- James Hancock - Gard & Co
- Raegan Leather - Woollcombe Yonge
- Natasha Mason - Wolferstans
- Beth Nash - Foot Anstey
- Matthew Rose - GA Solicitors
- Leonie Rowe - Woollcombe Yonge
- Adam Tozer - Bright LLP
Well done to all nominees< Return to news list